Read latest articles on the Indian economy. Find recent rates of key economic indicators like GDP, WPI, CPI and IIP. Get updates on recent RBI monetary policy and fiscal policy, current and historical CRR, repo and reverse rates. Current news and growth prospects of the Indian economy.
Latest on Indian Economy
Guest Author, 21 Mar 2017
Goods and Services Tax (GST) is one of the biggest changes in the indirect tax reform in the country since the beginning of India’s economy. It was a part of the 122nd Amendment of the Indian Constitution and will be enforced from July 1 2017.
Weekly News: Food inflation accelerated to 2.01 percent from 0.53 percent
20 Mar 2017, SMC
Indian Consumer prices in India increased 3.65 percent year-on-year in February of 2017, following a record low rise of 3.17 percent in January. Food inflation accelerated to 2.01 percent from 0.53 percent. Indian wholes...
Global Financial Markets: Will miraculous confluence of Macros reshape world's politics & economics in 2017-18?
20 Mar 2017, Amit Goel
We believe that Global Equities are priced to perfection. US Equities in particular, have seen a historic and unprecedented rise in last four months. MSCI World and US S&P500 have also gone up 7 out of last 8 weeks and a...
Startups to give GST a thumbs up this year
17 Mar 2017, IndiaNotes Team
If we look at GST for startups in a broader perspective, eliminating the cascading effect of multiple Central and State taxes, GST would reduce the cost of doing business and increase profitability, which in turn, would ...
Investment Notes - Euphoria
14 Mar 2017, Punit Jain
The potential Risks or negatives that I see now are: 1) Fed rate hike expected this week - will it affect Indian Indices? 2) INR strengthening against USD - is this even possible? 3) Higher inflation - we have early sign...
Weekly Sector Updates from SMC
14 Mar 2017, SMC
SMC, in its weekly news highlights the latest developments in each sector that happened during the week. It also throws some light on some key International events....
Demonetization Conundrum: No Surprises Mitroon
14 Mar 2017, Suhani Adilabadkar
You just need to get your calculations right. Now that the GDP numbers are out, our learned pessimist economists are waiting for the March quarter to unfold and prove them right. But before they could pronounce the next ...
Equity market would be rejoiced with BJP's emphatic victory in the state of UP
13 Mar 2017, Prabhudas Lilladher
Equity market would be rejoiced with this outcome and scale a new high ably supported by a torrent of domestic liquidity. BJP's emphatic victory in the politically-crucial state of UP would embolden the Prime Minister in...
Weekly News: India's economy expanded more than expected in the December quarter
06 Mar 2017, SMC
India's economy expanded more than expected in the December quarter but the pace of expansion slowed slightly, gross domestic product advanced 7 percent year-on-year, slower than the 7.4 percent growth posted in the Sept...
Protecting retail investors' interest in the bond market
02 Mar 2017, Ajay Shah
While protecting retail investors' interest in securities markets is one of SEBIs stated objective, there is no standard definition of a retail investor which is consistent across securities....
Financial Sector Reforms: A status report, 2017
02 Mar 2017, Ajay Shah
There is much to look forward to in 2017-18. Most of the reforms seems to be headed in the correct direction. Direct tax administration and the NPA problem of PSBs seem to be the exceptions....
- Effective use of cloud computing can change the business operations
- Infrastructure to boost India's industrial compressors industry to INR 50 bn by 2019
- India's packaged bottled water industry to reach INR 160bn by 2018
- Better record keeping and data collection – a key step to stave off India’s water crisis
- Data, data, everywhere... not a drop of insight
Key Economic Indicators
Key Interest Rates
Have a question?
- Startup India Initiative inspires EDI student to start indigenous production of busbars
- Weekly News: RBI left its key repo rate at its first bi-monthly monetary policy meeting of 2016
- Weekly News: India will likely grow by a robust 7.8 percent this year
- Weekly News: USFDA issues a warning letter to Cadila Healthcare
- Weekly News: India's leading economic index dropped 0.5 percent in November
- Marico: Motilal Oswal retain forecasts but derive revised target implying 15% upside
- Delta Corp at inflection point; Motilal Oswal initiate coverage with 'Buy' rating and target implying 36% upside
- Numerical Analysis: Gold Vs. Sensex
- Avenue Supermarts: Prabhudas Lilladher initiate coverage with 'Buy' rating & 18-month target price
- GST Bill Explained - What The Bill Has In Store For Us
- Fundamental picks: These stocks have an upside of 16% & 15% respectively
- Global Financial Markets: Will miraculous confluence of Macros reshape world's politics & economics in 2017-18?