Key highlights of the Q1FY13 result
- In USD terms, revenues witnessed an impressive growth of 3.0% QoQ to USD2,728mn (4.0% qoq on constant currency basis), which was in-line with Reliance Securities' expectations
- In INR terms, revenues grew 12.1% QoQ to Rs14,869cr, as the top-line growth was further assisted by 9.7% qoq depreciation of INR
- Encouraging volume growth of 5.3% QoQ
- Pricing declined by ~1% QoQ in Q1FY13
- Strong growth across all geographical markets (barring India)
- Vertical wise revenue growth was broad based except for Energy & Utilities
- Growth was broad based across Service lines, BPO revenues grew ~16.5% QoQ
- Revenue growth from Top 5 and Top 10 clients was muted at ~0.9% QoQ and 0.7% QoQ respectively
- EBIT margin declined negligibly (20bp) on account of wage hikes, higher visa costs and strong recruitments (TCS hired more than 30,000 employees in last 2 quarters)
- TCS reported Net Profit increase of 11.5% QoQ to Rs3,281cr
- It added 29 new clients during the quarter
- Number of USD50mn clients increased from 43 to 46 in last quarter
- Hiring continued to be robust with gross addition of 13,831 employees (net - 4,962)
- Utilization rates increased from 80.6% to 81.3% (excluding trainees)
- Attrition rate in IT services declined further from 11.2% to 10.9% (on LTM basis)
Outlook and Valuation
TCS continued to report strong results with healthy volume growth. Further, the growth has been broad based in terms of all aspects (i.e. verticals, service lines and geographies) despite the current uncertain macro-economic environment. Though management remains cautious in light of the present scenario, it has indicated that the deal pipeline remains robust across all verticals and regions including BFSI. Moreover, TCS has maintained its hiring guidance of 50,000 employees, which indicates that the current growth is likely to be sustained in the coming quarters. TCS FY13 top-line growth to be ahead of NASCCOM’s forecast. Reliance Securities has broadly maintained their FY13E & FY14E estimates, as TCS continues to deliver on expected lines. Consequently, Reliance Securities also maintains their target price of Rs1,350 based on their FY2014E EPS of Rs75.3 and target multiple of 18x. Thus, Reliance Securities maintains an Accumulate on the stock.
Risks to the view
- The uncertainties plaguing the US and European economies can lead to volatility in the earnings in the short term
- Reliance Securities has factored in USD/Rs rate of Rs53 and Rs52 for FY2013E and FY2014E respectively. Any sharp appreciation in INR will negatively impact their estimates
- Any delay in commencement of deals or cancellation due to slowdown in US can result in deviation from their estimates
Click here to read the full report
Reliance Securities comes from the house of Reliance Capital, one of India’s leading & prominent financial houses. Founded in 1986, Reliance Capital has come a long way from being into steady annuity yielding businesses such as leasing, bill discounting, and inter-corporate deposits to diversifying its activities in the areas of asset management and mutual fund; life and general insurance; consumer finance and industrial finance; stock broking; depository services; private equity and proprietary investments; exchanges, asset reconstruction; distribution of financial products and other activities in financial services.
For more information please write in to firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: The author has taken due care and caution to compile and analyse the data. The opinions expressed above are only the views of the author, and not a recommendation to buy or sell. Neither the author nor IndiaNotes.com accept any liability whatsoever arising from the use of any of the above contents.
- Tata Consultancy Services Q2FY15: 8% rise in consolidated sales
- TCS Q2FY15: Revenue beats expectations, buy on dips
- TCS Q2FY15: Soft quarter, Seasonality to impact H2FY15
- TCS Q2FY15 Preview: Revenue to grow 7.8% QoQ, maintain neutral
- TCS to report 8% volume growth; Tech Mahindra to report 4.1% growth
Have a question?
Investment advisory - Shareinfoline.com
Also On IndiaNotes.Com
- Plan and indulge this festive season with your credit card
- Fixed rate home loans, are they in vogue again?