Railway Budget 2012-13: The Minister bites the bullet
12th Plan highlights (2012-17)
- Proposed an investment of Rs7.35 lakh crore for the 12th Plan vis-à-vis Rs1.92 lakh crore made during the 11th Plan
- Additional funding assistance required under the Pradhan Mantri Rail Vikas Yojna assessed at Rs5 lakh crore
- Broad aim of increasing railways’ contribution to GDP from less than 1% currently to 2.5%
- Bring down the operating ratio from 95% to 84.9% in FY2013 and to 74% by 2017
Budget Estimates (2012-13)
- Increased the loading target from the revised 970 MT for FY2012 to 1 025 MT for FY2013 to 1,025
- Freight earnings target for FY2013 at Rs89,339cr, up 30.2% yoy
- Passengers increase target for FY2013 at 5.4% yoy
- Passenger earnings target for FY2013 at Rs36,073cr, up 25.3% yoy
- Gross Traffic Receipts target for FY2013 at Rs1,32,552cr, up 27.6% yoy
- Ordinary Working Expenses for FY2013 at Rs84,400cr, up 11.6%
- 50% concession in fare in AC2, AC3, Chair Car and Sleeper Class to patients suffering from ‘Aplastic Anaemia’ and ‘Sickle Cell Anaemia’
- Passenger fares increased by 2 paise per km for suburban and ordinary second class; 3 paise per km for mail/express second class; 5 paise per km for sleeper class; 10 paise per km for AC Chair Car, AC3 tier and First Class; 15 paise per km for AC2 tier and 30 paise per km for AC1
- Minimum fare and platform tickets to cost Rs5
Click here to read the full report
Reliance Securities comes from the house of Reliance Capital, one of India’s leading & prominent financial houses. Founded in 1986, Reliance Capital has come a long way from being into steady annuity yielding businesses such as leasing, bill discounting, and inter-corporate deposits to diversifying its activities in the areas of asset management and mutual fund; life and general insurance; consumer finance and industrial finance; stock broking; depository services; private equity and proprietary investments; exchanges, asset reconstruction; distribution of financial products and other activities in financial services.
For more information please write in to firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: The author has taken due care and caution to compile and analyse the data. The opinions expressed above are only the views of the author, and not a recommendation to buy or sell. Neither the author nor IndiaNotes.com accept any liability whatsoever arising from the use of any of the above contents.
- Domestic Pharma: Volume drives 10% growth in June 2014
- What has changed for an Investor in post-Budget 2014
- Budget 2014-15: Impact on Debt Mutual Fund
- 2014 Indian Budget - The Good, Great and Awesome
- When will the tax change on debt funds be effective?
Have a question?
CFP - Keynotes Financial Opiniery