- S/A net sales grew by 40% y-o-y to Rs92.5b (v/s est Rs84.6b), driven by volume growth of 14.4% y-o-y (-6.8% q-o-q) to 182,149 units (v/s est 180k). Realizations were up 7.4% q-o-q (22% y-o-y) at Rs507,173 (v/s est Rs468,645/unit) driven by a) product mix improvement (led by XUV5OO), b) price increase to offset cost pressures and c) benefit of weaker Rson exports.
- S/A EBITDA grew by 24% y-o-y (+14% q-o-q) to Rs11.1b (v/s est Rs9.1b), translating into EBITDA margins of 11.8% (v/s est 10.7%) driven by higher realizations and lower other expenses. Lower than expected interest cost, depreciation and tax further boosted S/A PAT at Rs7.3b (v/s est Rs5.4b).
- Incl MVML, EBITDA Margins declined by 30bps y-o-y (+180bps q-o-q) to 13.9% (v/s est 12.6%). PAT grew 26% y-o-y (-3% q-o-q) to Rs7.8b (v/s est Rs6b).
- The management has lowered its tractor industry guidance to upto 2% growth (v/s 5-6% earlier) for FY13. However, it maintained its guidance for UV volumes at 12-14%. Inventory, both in the tractor and UV business, remains at comfortable levels.
Valuation & view: EPS estimates are upgraded for FY13/FY14 for M&M+MVML by 9%/5% to Rs55.3/Rs61.2, and consolidated EPS by 8%/4% to Rs62/Rs81 respectively. The stock trades at 11.8x FY14 S/A EPS (incl MVML) and 8.8x FY14 consol. EPS. Maintain Buy with target price of Rs973 (FY14 SOTP).
Click here to read the full report
Motilal Oswal was founded in 1987 as a small sub-broking unit, with just two people running the show. Today it has a 2000 member team with a networth of Rs7 bn and market capitalization as of March 31, 2008 at Rs19 bn.
For more information please write in to email@example.com
Disclaimer: The author has taken due care and caution to compile and analyse the data. The opinions expressed above are only the views of the author, and not a recommendation to buy or sell. Neither the author nor IndiaNotes.com accept any liability whatsoever arising from the use of any of the above contents.
- Mahindra & Mahindra: Nov-14 below estimate, with 21% YoY de-growth, neutral
- M&M quarter update: Surprises with negative operating performance
- Mahindra & Mahindra Q2FY15: Volume growth remains tepid
- M&M: Operating performance below estimates; outlook muted
- M&M: In a long-term upward trend
Have a question?