- Slowest SSS growth in last seven quarters; risk of further slowdown: JFL reported system sales growth of 47% y‐o‐y, one of the slowest in its listing history, driven by SSS growth of 27% (versus avg ~37% in last 6 qtrs). This was aided by nearly 10% price hike undertaken by JFL over last one year, again highest in its history, to counter food inflation. JFL has added 33 stores in H1 versus target of 80 store additions in the year.
- EBIDTA margin may peak on inflation, higher ad spend: EBIDTA margins remained flat at 18% in Q2, driven by highfood inflation and a rise in staff costs. We believe margins could be peaking with food inflation not showing any signs of cooling off. Moreover, the management plans to increase advertising expenses to tide over any slowdown in demand. Also, pre operative expenses (INR 9 mn in 2Q) on Dunkin Donut could further put pressure on near term profitability.
Outlook and valuations: Expensive; maintain ‘REDUCE’
With negative working capital, positive free cash flows, high growth and operating leverage, we continue to like JFL’s business model. However, at CMP of Rs815, it is trading at FY12E and FY13E PE of 52.4x and Rs37.1x respectively. JFL’s current premium valuation to leading consumer discretionary names like Nestle and Titan is unjustified given their strong parentage, ownership of industry leading brands and superior return ratios.
Valuations remain expensive, maintain reduce for a price target of Rs626
Click here to read the full report
Edelweiss is one of the leading financial services company based in Mumbai, India. Its current businesses include investment banking, securities broking and investment management. They provide a wide range of services to corporations, institutional investors and high net-worth individuals.
For more information please write in to firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: The author has taken due care and caution to compile and analyse the data. The opinions expressed above are only the views of the author, and not a recommendation to buy or sell. Neither the author nor IndiaNotes.com accept any liability whatsoever arising from the use of any of the above contents.
- Jubilant Foodworks: Demand trends bottoming out; investors recommended to buy
- Hot Stocks: Buy Jubilant Foodworks for a target price of Rs1737
- Q3FY15 Preview: Accumulate ITC; reduce Jubilant Foodworks
- Q3FY15 Preview: Buy Jubilant Foodworks for CMP Rs1,376
- Jubilant Foodworks: Immense operating leverage in store
Have a question?
Also On IndiaNotes.Com
- Buy NTPC above 157 with a stop loss below 130
- Short term advice: Buy this stock for target price 145