- Jubilant Foodworks' (JUBI) adjusted PAT for Q1FY13 grew 39.3% to Rs323m (v/s Motilal Oswal's estimate of Rs332m).
- Same store sales (SSS) growth at 22.3% is healthy; however, the management indicated softening in both consumption and customer acquisition.
- Gross margin declined 110bp to 73.4% due to high inflation in inputs. EBITDA margin contracted 90bp. Cost towards commissioning Dunkin Donuts stores was ~Rs18m during the quarter.
- JUBI has revised its Dominos store rollout target for FY13 to 100 from 90. It opened three Dunkin Donuts stores in Q1FY13 and maintains its target of opening 10 stores in FY13 and 80-100 stores in the first five years of operations.
- Though Dominos' SSS growth remains healthy, initial signs of tapering off are evident. Motilal Oswal's estimates factor SSS growth of 23% in FY13 and 20% in FY14.
- With increasing number of Dominos and Dunkin Donuts stores, Motilal Oswal expects initial losses and overheads to increase.
- Motilal Oswal remains positive on JUBI's business. However, at 49.6x FY13E and 33.8x FY14E EPS, they believe valuations are rich and price in most positives. Neutral.
Click here to read the full report
Motilal Oswal was founded in 1987 as a small sub-broking unit, with just two people running the show. Today it has a 2000 member team with a networth of Rs7 bn and market capitalization as of March 31, 2008 at Rs19 bn.
For more information please write in to email@example.com
Disclaimer: The author has taken due care and caution to compile and analyse the data. The opinions expressed above are only the views of the author, and not a recommendation to buy or sell. Neither the author nor IndiaNotes.com accept any liability whatsoever arising from the use of any of the above contents.
- Jubilant Foodworks: Demand trends bottoming out; investors recommended to buy
- Hot Stocks: Buy Jubilant Foodworks for a target price of Rs1737
- Q3FY15 Preview: Accumulate ITC; reduce Jubilant Foodworks
- Q3FY15 Preview: Buy Jubilant Foodworks for CMP Rs1,376
- Jubilant Foodworks: Immense operating leverage in store
Have a question?
Also On IndiaNotes.Com
- technical analysis online - 23 Nov 2014
- seminars on stock market awareness - 20 Mar 2015
- effective strategies for intraday and short term trading - 27 Mar 2015
- Balkrishna Industries: Burgeoning scrip for the medium to long-term
- Specialty chemicals scrip: Firstcall has a mid- to long-term recommendation