Jindal Steel & Power: Steel volumes to increase 30% q-o-q
- Steel volumes to increase 30% q-o-q: Motilal Oswal expect JSP's standalone net sales to increase 40% y-o-y (up 16% q-o-q) to Rs38.4b on liquidation of inventory accumulated during the previous quarter. They expect steel sales volume to increase 30% q-o-q to 770k tons. Long product prices have increased 5% q-o-q; this would benefit the company over other steel producers that have mainly flat product portfolios. JSP's 4.5mtpa pellet plant is ramping up well and Motilal Oswal expect it to sell 516k tons in 4QFY12. Power sales are likely to increase 43% y-o-y to 427m units. Power sales volumes at JPL are likely to decline marginally by 2% q-o-q to 2b units, while the average rate is likely to increase 1% y-o-y to Rs4/unit.
- EBITDA to increase 29% q-o-q: Motilal Oswal expect standalone EBITDA to increase 29% q-o-q to Rs13.4b due to higher steel prices and better steel, metalics, pellet and power sales volumes. Standalone other income is expected to increase to Rs1.5b from Rs0.2b on account of a dividend payout from Jindal Power.
- Maintain Buy: Motilal Oswal remain positive on JSP's long-term growth outlook. The company would be augmenting its steel-making capacity by 4 times over the next four years and power generation capacity by 10 times over 10 years. The stock trades at 9.8 times FY14E EPS, 1.9 times FY14E BV, and an EV of 7.7 times FY14E EBITDA. Maintain Buy.
Click here to read the full report
Motilal Oswal was founded in 1987 as a small sub-broking unit, with just two people running the show. Today it has a 2000 member team with a networth of Rs7 bn and market capitalization as of March 31, 2008 at Rs19 bn.
For more information please write in to firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: The author has taken due care and caution to compile and analyse the data. The opinions expressed above are only the views of the author, and not a recommendation to buy or sell. Neither the author nor IndiaNotes.com accept any liability whatsoever arising from the use of any of the above contents.
- JSPL Q3FY15: Street expectations missed on all parameters
- Jindal Steel & Power: Q3 EBITDA to decline 5%, neutral
- Q3FY15 Preview: Hindustan Zinc & Jindal Steel & Power expects growth
- Weekly Pick: Buy Jindal Steel & Power
- Q2FY15 Preview: Maintain neutral on Jindal Steel & Power
Have a question?
Also On IndiaNotes.Com
- Buy NTPC above 157 with a stop loss below 130
- Short term advice: Buy this stock for target price 145