Jindal Steel & Power: Steel volumes to increase 30% q-o-q
- Steel volumes to increase 30% q-o-q: Motilal Oswal expect JSP's standalone net sales to increase 40% y-o-y (up 16% q-o-q) to Rs38.4b on liquidation of inventory accumulated during the previous quarter. They expect steel sales volume to increase 30% q-o-q to 770k tons. Long product prices have increased 5% q-o-q; this would benefit the company over other steel producers that have mainly flat product portfolios. JSP's 4.5mtpa pellet plant is ramping up well and Motilal Oswal expect it to sell 516k tons in 4QFY12. Power sales are likely to increase 43% y-o-y to 427m units. Power sales volumes at JPL are likely to decline marginally by 2% q-o-q to 2b units, while the average rate is likely to increase 1% y-o-y to Rs4/unit.
- EBITDA to increase 29% q-o-q: Motilal Oswal expect standalone EBITDA to increase 29% q-o-q to Rs13.4b due to higher steel prices and better steel, metalics, pellet and power sales volumes. Standalone other income is expected to increase to Rs1.5b from Rs0.2b on account of a dividend payout from Jindal Power.
- Maintain Buy: Motilal Oswal remain positive on JSP's long-term growth outlook. The company would be augmenting its steel-making capacity by 4 times over the next four years and power generation capacity by 10 times over 10 years. The stock trades at 9.8 times FY14E EPS, 1.9 times FY14E BV, and an EV of 7.7 times FY14E EBITDA. Maintain Buy.
Click here to read the full report
- Jindal Steel & Power: FIR Against Mr Naveen Jindal & JSPL; Rating Suspended
- Jindal Steel & Power: CBI files FIR; Projects at risk
- Jindal Steel and Power: Earnings have peaked; Maintain Neutral
- Jindal Steel: Buy 1 lot Dec. 440 Call around 6.70
- Jindal Steel: Steel sales suffered due to weak demand
- Macroeconomic indicators & Stock markets
- Midcap/Smallcap Indices - Time to catch up and stop under performing?
- MF Scheme Analysis: Franklin India Bluechip Fund (G)
- Note on RBI's Monetary Policy Announcement for 2013-14
- South Indian Bank Q3FY13: Results in line with expectations, retain accumulate More
Also On IndiaNotes.Com
8 steps to financial planning
How to choose the best Credit Card
M&M and CIE Automotive Global Alliance
M&M: Enters into global auto component alliance with CIE Automotive
Dow Theory: A tool for technical analysts
Equity markets witnessed a choppy session of trade