Hindalco Ind: PAT falls due to lower other income in Q3
- Standalone PAT falls due to lower other income: Hindalco's (HNDL) standalone adjusted PAT for 3QFY12 declined 10% QoQ to Rs4.5b due to lower other income. EBITDA increased 7% QoQ to Rs7.15b due to 35% increase in copper EBITDA, while aluminum EBITDA declined 5% to Rs4.5b.
- Volumes up 13% QoQ: Both copper and aluminum volumes were up 13% each. Copper EBIT margins increased 12% QoQ to USc22.1/lb. EBIT increased 46% QoQ to Rs2.1b on higher TcRc charges and by-product credit despite high energy costs. According to our calculations, the cost of production (CoP) has declined 9% QoQ to USD1,786/ton for Aluminum largely due to depreciation of INR vs USD.
- Board approves warrants to promoters on preferential basis: 150m warrants have been allotted to the promoters as per Sebi formula, which works out at minimum of Rs150, i.e. average of last 2 weeks being higher than average of last 6 months. The equity dilution has taken us by surprise. The company has already incurred capex of Rs41.7b in 9MFY12. Capex target of USD2b now looks ambitious.
- Economic uncertainties hit Novelis' performance: Novelis reported adjusted EBITDA of USD213m, while volumes declined 9% YoY. Economic uncertainties affected demand and triggered destocking in Europe and Asia. We are cutting volumes by 284,000 tons to 3.2m tons and EBITDA per ton by USD10 to USD345 for FY13.
Outlook and Valuations: Consolidated EPS estimate for FY13 is cut down by 7% to INR19.5 largely due to lower guidance for Novelis. Stock is trading at 8.2x FY13E EPS and 1.4x FY13E BV (adjusted for goodwill) with RoE of 18.6%. Bulging CWIP is adversely affecting EV/EBITDA valuations. Adjusting for CWIP of Rs136b, stock is trading at 3.9x FY13E EV/EBITDA. We value the stock at SOTP-based price of Rs199. Maintain Buy.
Click here to read the full report
Motilal Oswal was founded in 1987 as a small sub-broking unit, with just two people running the show. Today it has a 2000 member team with a networth of Rs7 bn and market capitalization as of March 31, 2008 at Rs19 bn.
For more information please write in to firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: The author has taken due care and caution to compile and analyse the data. The opinions expressed above are only the views of the author, and not a recommendation to buy or sell. Neither the author nor IndiaNotes.com accept any liability whatsoever arising from the use of any of the above contents.
- Hindalco: Topline to grow at a CAGR of 15.7%, buy
- Hindalco Industries Q2FY15 results come in below estimates
- Hindalco Ind Q2FY15: Outperformance in top line, buy
- Technical Calls: Adani Ent, Hindalco, IDBI
- Q2FY15 Preview: Hindalco Industries sales to increase 4% QoQ
Have a question?