VN Research & Consulting
 Like us on facebook  Follow us on twitter  Follow us on LinkedIn  IndiaNotes on Google Plus  IndiaNotes on Pinterest  IndiaNotes on Stumbleupon  Subscribe to our feeds

Stocks  A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
You are here : IndiaNotes >> Research & Analysis >> Industries >> Infrastructure >> Research

Downtrend continues for Mumbai real estate

Prabhudas Lilladher | 19 Apr, 2011  | Follow Author | Add to my Favourites 
  • Rate this article
    (Average Rating 0.0 Based on 0 ratings)

Downtrend continues, seasonal bounce in March:

Sales registrations for the month of March for Mumbai are down 30% y-o-y, although on a higher base of last year. However, numbers for the month of March are 24% higher than the lows witnessed in February 2011, and 15% higher than January 2011 numbers.

The strong momentum we have been witnessing in lease volumes has continued into March as well. Lease volumes are at a new high, recording 9,603 this month. This month’s record volumes reiterate that continued stress on affordability is causing a deferral of purchases.

Also, a visit to the recent MCHI exhibition points towards a subdued response from the customers to the high prices on offer. Contrary to expectations, prices for projects nearing completion have increased by 5- 10% since the last exhibition (from Oct 2010). A reduction in prices has not been seen even in projects that are 3-4 years away from completion.

Overall the sales trend, as seen from the 3‐month moving average sales registrations, continues to remain down. Suburb sales have fallen 34% y-o-y for the month of March, although, on a higher base of last year. On the other hand, this month, city sales have fallen 5% y-o-y. Overall, both city and suburb sales witness an 11% and 16% seasonal bounce from their January lows.

To see the charts, please click on the link below

  Read full report Click here to read the full report

About Prabhudas Lilladher

Prabhudas Lilladher has a nationwide distribution network, consisting of branches, franchisees and associates, providing a comprehensive gamut of financial services in the Institutional and Retail domain. Their services includes Equity, derivatives; margin funding, mutual funds, PMS, IPOs and online trading.


For more information please write in to [email protected]

Disclaimer: The author has taken due care and caution to compile and analyse the data. The opinions expressed above are only the views of the author, and not a recommendation to buy or sell. Neither the author nor accept any liability whatsoever arising from the use of any of the above contents.

Technical Calls

What are technical calls?

Other Articles

Have a question?

Investment Advisory Company - Financial Market Research and Consulting