- Growth from core activities to remain strong: Strong presence in two highly industrialized states viz. Gujarat & Maharashtra (~61% of total branches) and changing product mix towards high yielding MSME & Retail segment should aid DNBK to continue growing at a steady pace.
- Excellent liability franchise to provide stability to NIMs: DNBK has one of the lowest cost of deposits (CoD) among its peers due to its excellent liability profile (owing to its dependence on low cost deposits instead of bulk deposits). Strong presence in the rural and semi-urban areas (~56% of total branches), has enabled it to maintain its CASA ratio at ~35% levels over the past few years, which is amongst the best in industry. Its increasing focus to control cost of funds coupled with higher CD ratio and consistent reprising of portfolio, would assist the company in maintaining its margins at ~3.1% over the next two years.
- Improving operational efficiency: DNBK has consistently improved its operating efficiency by keeping operating cost under check while expanding the core operating revenue. Its C/I ratio has improved significantly from 51.5% in FY09 to 43.0% in FY12 (Q1FY13 - 39.3%) due to better employee productivity (profit per employee has doubled to Rs8 mn over the last three years).
Outlook: The bank has grown its business at a CAGR of 24% in the last five years to Rs1339 bn in FY12. With a strong deposit franchise, strengthening balance sheet, improving operational efficiency, stable asset quality and higher return ratios, SPA Securities initiates coverage on Dena Bank with a buy recommendation for a price target of Rs127
Click here to read the full report
SPA Securities was promoted by a team of finance professionals in 1995 with an objective to provide value added financial services. Initially, the Group focused as a niche financial solutions provider in corporate finance and wealth management to Indian companies and high net worth individuals. In January 2000, the Group expanded its operations and the range of services. Today, SPA provides services for securities broking, merchant banking, wealth management, financial advisory, corporate finance , risk management and insurance broking.
For more information please write in to firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: The author has taken due care and caution to compile and analyse the data. The opinions expressed above are only the views of the author, and not a recommendation to buy or sell. Neither the author nor IndiaNotes.com accept any liability whatsoever arising from the use of any of the above contents.
- Technical Calls: Dena Bank, KPIT Tech, NCC
- Technical Call: Buy Dena Bank for a target for Rs70
- Buy Dena Bank Ltd For Target Rs.82.75 - Sharekhan
- Dena Bank Q4FY14: Steady growth in business, buy
- Dena Bank Q4FY14: Asset quality continues to remain under pressure
Have a question?
Also On IndiaNotes.Com
- Eight personal finance tips if you just started earning
- Wallet stolen? Here's how you can get back on your feet