Dec'12 IIP growth at -0.6%, lower than expected
Perspective on IIP numbers
By Mr. Dipen Shah, Head of PCG (Private Client Group) Research, Kotak Securities:
The IIP growth for December 2012 at (-)0.6%, was lower than expectations. The November 2012 IIP figure has also been revised downwards. The contraction in December was on the back of poor performance of manufacturing and mining sectors and decline in production of capital goods as well as consumer goods. The manufacturing sector, which constitutes over 75% of the index, registered a contraction of 0.7% in December.
The IIP growth of 0.7% during April – December 2012 reflects the broad-based slowdown across sectors. The consistently weak reading on IIP may support RBI’s supportive monetary policy stance. However, the budget provisions and further reforms initiatives from the Government are expected to have a greater influence on its decision, is what Kotak Securities believes.
Kotak Securities is one of India’s largest share broking firm offering demat account, online trading, mutual fund and IPO investing service’s along with a research division specializing in Sectoral Research and Company Specific Equity Research. Express your views on their Facebook Page and Twitter Handle (@KotakSecurities) or you can also visit www.kotaksecurities.com for more information.
For more information please write in to email@example.com
Disclaimer: The author has taken due care and caution to compile and analyse the data. The opinions expressed above are only the views of the author, and not a recommendation to buy or sell. Neither the author nor IndiaNotes.com accept any liability whatsoever arising from the use of any of the above contents.
- Consumer protection in Indian finance: Going from ideas to action
- JainMatrix Investments on The Real Estate Sector
- Valuation of Solar Companies in India
- India to brace for electricity price hike and more subsidy to Discoms
- Discoms not buying high cost power
Have a question?
Also On IndiaNotes.Com
- Make mid-year resolutions to check your financial health
- Make the best of festive offers when shopping online
- Britannia Industries aims at leadership; buy
- Cummins India: Technology edge in new CPCB-2 norms; buy