- Uptick in volume, but on lower margin: PTC's Q1FY13 adjusted PAT of Rs221mn was higher on account of a tolling project, which commenced during the quarter, contributing ~Rs90mn to the bottom line. Though volume posted an uptick to 6.5BUs (up 50% q-o-q), margin of 4.0 paise/kwh dipped from 4.7 paise/kwh in Q4FY12. Other income of Rs21mn (estimate nil) was booked on receiving payment of Rs1bn from TNEB, which aided profit. With no working capital loan and likely improvement in cash post the recovery of dues from TNEB/UPPCL, management expects earnings to improve going forward.
- Toll projects to contribute significantly to FY13 profit: The toll project of Simhapuri (first 150MW unit achieved CoD in May) sold 122MUs on merchant at average realisation of Rs6/kwh over exchanges in the southern region and contributed Rs125mn PBT for the quarter. With the second unit also achieving CoD, 200MW will be operational during the balance quarters. PTC has entered into annual off take agreement (till May 2013). Further, the Meenaxi project is also on track to be commissioned by Q3FY12 end. While this will improve trading volumes, sale of tolling power should contribute significantly to FY13 profit.
Outlook and valuations: Edelweiss have assumed only 10‐15% increase in trading volumes for the year due to tough business environment for generation /distribution companies. However, contribution from tolling projects should aid FY13 profit. Earnings are raised up 57% and 23% for FY13E and FY14E, respectively, on factoring the tolling income. Maintain buy
Click here to read the full report
Edelweiss is one of the leading financial services company based in Mumbai, India. Its current businesses include investment banking, securities broking and investment management. They provide a wide range of services to corporations, institutional investors and high net-worth individuals.
For more information please write in to firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: The author has taken due care and caution to compile and analyse the data. The opinions expressed above are only the views of the author, and not a recommendation to buy or sell. Neither the author nor IndiaNotes.com accept any liability whatsoever arising from the use of any of the above contents.
- Weekly Pick: Sell PTC between CMP and Rs84
- PTC India: Buy at CMP and add on dips
- PTC India: 4QFY14 revenue of Rs29.7b expected
- PTC Q3FY14: Keeping up the volume growth momentum
- Earning's Preview: Accumulate NTPC, PTC India
Have a question?
CFP - Keynotes Financial Opiniery
Also On IndiaNotes.Com
- Plan and indulge this festive season with your credit card
- Fixed rate home loans, are they in vogue again?