Godawari Power & Ispat Q1FY13: An 'ardent' performance
Key highlights of the result
- Net Sales up ~22% YoY: Godawari Power & Ispat’s (GPIL) Consolidated Net Sales for Q1FY13 was up ~22% YoY at ~Rs602cr, whereas, it was down ~8.3% QoQ. The increase in the top-line on YoY basis was due to strong growth in subsidiaries (pellet production under Ardent Steel increased ~123% YoY due to higher supply of iron ore in the state) and improvement in sales volume in different segments like steel billets, HB wires, pellet, etc. Sponge iron production and billet production increased during the quarter aided by improved captive iron ore production. In Q1FY13, an increase in realization was witnessed across segments i.e. Sponge iron (up ~17% YoY to Rs22,681/MT), HB wire (up ~51% YoY to Rs40,859/MT), pellet (up ~16% to Rs9,623/MT) and steel billet (up ~15% YoY to Rs34,396/MT), which also assisted the growth in sales.
- OPMs up 283bp YoY: GPIL reported Consolidated EBITDA of ~Rs110cr in Q1FY13, an increase of ~44% YoY. EBITDA margin increased a significant 283bp YoY on account of lower raw material costs (down 715bp YoY) and also due to the improvement in margins of steel (up 192bp YoY) and power (up 568bp YoY). EBITDA margin was higher by 339bp QoQ.
- Net Profit up ~55%: Net Profit for Q1FY13 increased ~55% YoY to ~Rs47cr (~Rs30cr in Q1FY12), due to strong growth in sales and better operating performance on account of lower raw material costs.
Outlook and Valuation
Godawari Power’s Q1FY13 results were in-line with their expectations with strong performance on the top-line and bottom-line front. GPIL has also planned to raise funds by preferential issue to promoters, which will be used for the ongoing capital expenditure of GPIL and its subsidiaries (Reliance Securities has factored this in their numbers). Going forward, Reliance Securities anticipates good growth in the top-line due to increasing higher mining output with capacity utilizations in pellets (for both GPIL and Ardent Steel) to be the key drivers, which will further aid GPIL’s profitability. They expect GPIL to report Net Sales CAGR of ~18% and Net Profit CAGR of ~26% over FY12-14E, owing to the expected strong volume growth, increase in realizations and high-priced value-added sales. At the CMP of Rs130, the stock is trading at a P/E of 3.7x and 3.6x its FY13E and FY14E EPS respectively. Reliance Securities maintains their Buy recommendation on Godawari Power with a target price of Rs157.
Click here to read the full report
Have a question?
- GPIL Q2FY14: Volume and realization drag the sales
- Godawari Power: Strong performance; Net profit up 100% y-o-y
- Godawari Power & Ispat Q4FY12: Adjusted standalone PAT up by 328% QoQ
- GPIL Q3FY12: Local issues, extended monsoons impact iron ore production
- Godawari Power & Ispat: Q3 Net sales up 111% y-o-y
Also On IndiaNotes.Com
5 Red Flags That Could Lead to a Drop in CIBIL Credit Scores
Will Multiple Loans Affect My CIBIL Credit Rating?
Balasore Alloys: Buy with stop loss of Rs10
Buy HSIL for a target of Rs135 - 175
Weekly Technical: MACD of Nifty futures comes into buy mode
Weekly market wrap: Market braces for volatility in the run-up to the general election