Lupin Q1FY13: Topline grew 44% YoY to Rs22.2b.
Lupin's (LPC) core operational performance for Q1FY13 was in line with Motilal Oswal's expectations. Key highlights:
- Topline grew 44% YoY to Rs22.2b. Excluding one-offs, core topline is likely to have grown 33% YoY to Rs20.5b (v/s their estimate of Rs18.9b). Core EBITDA is likely to have grown 21% YoY to Rs3.27b (v/s their estimate of Rs3.45b). Motilal oswal estimate adjusted PAT at Rs2.1b.
- Core topline was boosted by favorable currency movement. US revenue grew 63% YoY to Rs8b. Japan revenue grew ~100% YoY to Rs3.3b, boosted by Irom acquisition. Domestic formulations sales grew 25% YoY while RoW formulations sales grew 54% YoY.
- Reported EBITDA grew 57% YoY to Rs4.23b. Excluding one-offs, core EBITDA is likely to have grown 21% YoY to Rs3.27b (v/s their estimate of Rs3.45b). Core EBITDA margin was 16% v/s their estimate of 18.2% due to higher than expected staff cost and other expenditure.
- Reported PAT grew 33% YoY to Rs2.8b (v/s their estimate of Rs3.1b). Excluding one-offs, adjusted PAT is likely to have been Rs2.1b (in line with their estimate but flat YoY). PAT was impacted by significantly higher tax rate of 30% v/s their estimate of 23%.
Key growth drivers will be: (1) increased traction in India formulations and emerging markets, (2) strong launch pipeline for the US, and (3) contribution from oral contraceptives in the US. Based on Q1FY13 performance, Motilal Oswal has cut their FY13E core EPS by 6% and FY14E core EPS by 1.2% to take into account the possibility of a slower rampup in over the counter sales and likely impact on simvastatin sales from generic Lipitor for the US business. Motilal Oswal expects EPS of Rs23.8 for FY13 (up 23%) and Rs31 for FY14 (up 30%), translating into 26% EPS CAGR over FY12-14. Significant internationalization of operations without dilution of return ratios has been LPC's key achievement over the last five years. Motilal Oswal expects this to sustain. The stock trades at 24.5x FY13E and 18.9x FY14 EPS. Buy.
Click here to read the full report
Motilal Oswal was founded in 1987 as a small sub-broking unit, with just two people running the show. Today it has a 2000 member team with a networth of Rs7 bn and market capitalization as of March 31, 2008 at Rs19 bn.
For more information please write in to firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: The author has taken due care and caution to compile and analyse the data. The opinions expressed above are only the views of the author, and not a recommendation to buy or sell. Neither the author nor IndiaNotes.com accept any liability whatsoever arising from the use of any of the above contents.
- Lupin Q1FY15: Strong traction in key geographies; Accumulate
- Lupin quarterly update: Results above estimates, buy
- Lupin Q4FY14: US generics, low RM costs lead to margin surprise
- Lupin: Buy or sell, to make money?
- Lupin's Q4FY14E sales likely to achieve 25% y-o-y growth; Ranbaxy expected to post sales of 11% y-o-y
Have a question?
Also On IndiaNotes.Com
- Mahindra & Mahindra: Auto remains weak, exports drive tractors
- Technical Call: Buy Jain Irrigation Systems