European markets were trading mixed as profit taking pared initial gains. Italy's economy contracted by 0.7 percent in the second quarter, sparking recession concerns. Banking shares, which had rallied more than 12 percent over the previous nine days, were the main drag on European indexes, as the Standard Chartered Plc scandal hit the sector. Shares of the global bank were down 12.7% on heavy volumes, after plunging as much as 20 percent in early London trade after New York's top bank regulator accused it of hiding transactions to Iran and threatened to strip the lender of its state banking license.
With the result season nearing to an end, the focus would shift to government action as the monsoon session begins tomorrow.
Kotak Securities is one of India’s largest share broking firm offering demat account, online trading, mutual fund and IPO investing service’s along with a research division specializing in Sectoral Research and Company Specific Equity Research. Express your views on their Facebook Page and Twitter Handle (@KotakSecurities) or you can also visit www.kotaksecurities.com for more information.
For more information please write in to firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: The author has taken due care and caution to compile and analyse the data. The opinions expressed above are only the views of the author, and not a recommendation to buy or sell. Neither the author nor IndiaNotes.com accept any liability whatsoever arising from the use of any of the above contents.
- Technical Call: Sell MCX Gold Dec for target of 26400
- SMC Banking Derivative Daily
- SMC Commodity Report (Metals & Energy)
- Sushil Finance's Daily Currency Update
- Achiievers Equities Daily Commodity Report
Have a question?
Also On IndiaNotes.Com
- Tracing the trend of increasing loans against shares
- Govt. set to make more employees eligible for annual bonuses
- Everest Industries Q2FY15: Positive results despite lower margin in Steel building; buy
- ING Vysya Q2FY15: Change in guard creates uncertainty in an otherwise stable performance