Markets close on a 4 month high
European markets were trading mixed as profit taking pared initial gains. Italy's economy contracted by 0.7 percent in the second quarter, sparking recession concerns. Banking shares, which had rallied more than 12 percent over the previous nine days, were the main drag on European indexes, as the Standard Chartered Plc scandal hit the sector. Shares of the global bank were down 12.7% on heavy volumes, after plunging as much as 20 percent in early London trade after New York's top bank regulator accused it of hiding transactions to Iran and threatened to strip the lender of its state banking license.
With the result season nearing to an end, the focus would shift to government action as the monsoon session begins tomorrow.
Kotak Securities is one of India’s largest share broking firm offering demat account, online trading, mutual fund and IPO investing service’s along with a research division specializing in Sectoral Research and Company Specific Equity Research. Express your views on their Facebook Page and Twitter Handle (@KotakSecurities) or you can also visit www.kotaksecurities.com for more information.
Have a question?
- Technical Call: Buy Shanthi Gears
- Dewan Housing: Triangle Breakout
- Insecticides India: MACD well above the signal line, buy
- NCDEX May Guar Seed: Double Bottom pattern under progress, buy
- HPCL and Tata Coffee look positive
Also On IndiaNotes.Com
- Manage debt: Opt for credit card balance transfer
- Want more from your savings account? - Opt for the best interest rate