Weekly Perspective: RBI may not cut rates
Indian markets opened lower on weak global cues and slid further to end near day lows. The markets lost about 1.7% on concerns that, Spain might become the fourth euro zone member to need a full international bailout after a second region Murcia (after Valentia) indicated that they might need government help. There were also concerns that, there may be resistance to FDI in retail. This may mean that, the government may face further roadblocks to economic reform agenda.
With below-normal monsoons till date and elevated crude prices, RBI may not cut rates in its next meeting on July 31. Thus, markets are hoping for the re-initiation of the reform initiatives by the Government, which may lend support to the stock prices.
Kotak Securities is one of India’s largest share broking firm offering demat account, online trading, mutual fund and IPO investing service’s along with a research division specializing in Sectoral Research and Company Specific Equity Research. Express your views on their Facebook Page and Twitter Handle (@KotakSecurities) or you can also visit www.kotaksecurities.com for more information.
Have a question?
- Technical stock pick: Buy Tata Global
- Market Update: Uptrend expected to continue in the coming week
- M&M Financial Services, Just Dial and L&T Finance holdings fall 20-30%
- Technical call: Buy Jindal Steel and Power
- HDFC Securities' Midweek Technical Update
Also On IndiaNotes.Com
- Infosys Q4 results: Results positively surprise the markets
- Thermax Q4 results preview: Domestic order inflow expected to be muted