Sobha Developers Q1FY13 Update: Strong performance continues
- Strong sales performance continues: Although launches were subdued for the quarter with only a small villa launch in Coimbatore, sales momentum continued at the company’s previously launched projects, thereby, ending the quarter at 0.83m sq.ft, representing 25% YoY growth and a marginal sequential decline. Sales from the Gurgaon project witnessed a strong sequential increase of 24%.
Realizations too remained firm at Rs5,737, an increase of 26% & 7% on a YoY and QoQ basis, respectively, resulting in total sales of Rs4.79bn. The company’s sales guidance for FY13 stands at Rs20bn as against sales of Rs17bn clocked in for FY12.
- Upward trajectory to continue: Sobha has a launch visibility of ~5m sq.ft in the near term, with the Dairy Circle property in Bengaluru and a Thrissur launch being next in queue. Besides, the company has been releasing additional area at its previously launched projects, thereby, providing momentum to sales. We expect sales growth of 14% in volume terms to 3.75m sq.ft.
- Deleveraging in process: On account of strong launches and monetization of old sales, coupled with a steady execution, the company has brought its net debt down from Rs12.1bn in FY11 to Rs11.4bn in FY12. Prabhudas Lilladher further expects net debt to reduce to Rs8.9bn FY13, resulting in a DER of 0.56, down from 0.67 in FY11.
Stock Valuation and Recommendation:
Sobha’s NAV stands at Rs39.8bn, translating to Rs406/ share. Prabhudas Lilladher attributes a 20% discount to this to arrive at the value of the real estate business. To this, they are adding the value of the contract business which is calculated at Rs35/share which translates to a target price of Rs360. Prabhudas Lilladher maintains ‘Accumulate’ on the stock.
Click here to read the full report
Prabhudas Lilladher has a nationwide distribution network, consisting of branches, franchisees and associates, providing a comprehensive gamut of financial services in the Institutional and Retail domain. Their services includes Equity, derivatives; margin funding, mutual funds, PMS, IPOs and online trading.
For more information please write in to firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: The author has taken due care and caution to compile and analyse the data. The opinions expressed above are only the views of the author, and not a recommendation to buy or sell. Neither the author nor IndiaNotes.com accept any liability whatsoever arising from the use of any of the above contents.
- Sobha Developers Q1FY15: Buy for a target of Rs570
- Sobha Developers: Buy for a target of Rs500
- Sobha Developers Q4FY14: Buy for an upgraded target price of Rs540
- Sobha Developers: Buy for a target of Rs450
- Sobha Developers: Operations to normalize with revival in new launches
Have a question?