Power Finance: Margins are likely to remain largely stable
- Motilal Oswal expects Power Finance Corporation (POWF) to post healthy loan growth of ~27% YoY and ~2% QoQ.
- Margins are likely to remain largely stable on a sequential basis.
- After marked-to-market (MTM) write-backs in the last two quarters, MTM loss of Rs400m is expected in 1QFY13 due to steep Rs depreciation.
- Asset quality is a key monitorable, given the uncertain macro environment. Motilal OSwal conservatively factors in provisions of Rs500m for the quarter.
- The stock trades at 1x FY13E and 0.9x FY14E BV, and 6.4x FY13E and 5.7x FY14E EPS. Maintain Buy.
- Key things to watch for: (1) Management's outlook on business growth and asset quality, (2) Movement in spreads.
Click here to read the full report
Motilal Oswal was founded in 1987 as a small sub-broking unit, with just two people running the show. Today it has a 2000 member team with a networth of Rs7 bn and market capitalization as of March 31, 2008 at Rs19 bn.
For more information please write in to firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: The author has taken due care and caution to compile and analyse the data. The opinions expressed above are only the views of the author, and not a recommendation to buy or sell. Neither the author nor IndiaNotes.com accept any liability whatsoever arising from the use of any of the above contents.
Have a question?
- Power Finance: NII is expected to grow at a healthy 30% y-o-y
- Power Finance: Net profit ramps up by 37.35% y-o-y, buy
- Power Finance Corporation issues tax free bonds
- Power Finance Corporation: Loan growth expected to remain healthy
- Power Finance Corporation: Public issue of tax free bonds
Also On IndiaNotes.Com
- Q2CY14 Result: Hexaware Technologies revenues disappoint; maintain neutral
- KPIT Tech Q1FY15: Earnings troughed, improving operating metrics; Buy