Power Finance: Margins are likely to remain largely stable
- Motilal Oswal expects Power Finance Corporation (POWF) to post healthy loan growth of ~27% YoY and ~2% QoQ.
- Margins are likely to remain largely stable on a sequential basis.
- After marked-to-market (MTM) write-backs in the last two quarters, MTM loss of Rs400m is expected in 1QFY13 due to steep Rs depreciation.
- Asset quality is a key monitorable, given the uncertain macro environment. Motilal OSwal conservatively factors in provisions of Rs500m for the quarter.
- The stock trades at 1x FY13E and 0.9x FY14E BV, and 6.4x FY13E and 5.7x FY14E EPS. Maintain Buy.
- Key things to watch for: (1) Management's outlook on business growth and asset quality, (2) Movement in spreads.
Click here to read the full report
Motilal Oswal was founded in 1987 as a small sub-broking unit, with just two people running the show. Today it has a 2000 member team with a networth of Rs7 bn and market capitalization as of March 31, 2008 at Rs19 bn.
For more information please write in to firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: The author has taken due care and caution to compile and analyse the data. The opinions expressed above are only the views of the author, and not a recommendation to buy or sell. Neither the author nor IndiaNotes.com accept any liability whatsoever arising from the use of any of the above contents.
- Accumulate Power Finance Corporation For Target Rs.325 - Religare Securities
- Derivative Calls: Allahabad Bank, PFC & Tata Power
- Power Finance Q2FY15 preview: Loan growth to remain healthy at 18% y-o-y
- RECLTD & PFC Pair Trade
- Power Finance: Buy for medium to long term investment
Have a question?
Also On IndiaNotes.Com
- Hathway Cable & Datacom: Strong execution drives digital and broadband leadership
- Den Networks: Well placed given scale and balance sheet strength