Petronet LNG: Ideally positioned to capture huge opportunity
- Capacity expansion to drive volume growth: Foreseeing huge opportunity with increasing demand supply mismatch, PLL has chalked out aggressive capex plans to increase its capacity from current 10 MMTPA to ~17.5 MMTPA over the next 3 years with the total capital outlay of ~Rs.54 bn. This would be majorly led by Greenfield expansion at Kochi (5.0 MMTPA – Dec’12) & capacity expansion at Dahej (2.5 MMTPA – FY15) by way of additional jetty. Apart from above, the Company also plans to set-up additional capacity of ~10 MMTPA i.e. 5.0 MMTPA each at Gangavaram & Dahej, taking its total capacity to ~27.5 MMTPA by 2017-18.
- Petronet LNG – ‘Ideally positioned to capture huge opportunity in LNG space’: With increasing gas demand coupled with reducing domestic gas supplies, LNG seems to be the optimal solution to bridge the gap. PLL being the largest established player in the space is well positioned to capture this huge opportunity. Also, Gail being one of its promoters enables the Company to have access to its vast distribution network which not only provides easy access to its clients but also helps in exploring newer markets. Besides, the Company also enjoys the lower capital cost for its Dahej facility compared to current cost of setting up new facilities resulting into lower re-gasification charges which would act as a strong entry barrier for its competitors.
- Healthy Balance-sheet coupled with strong operating cash flows provides comfort: Despite huge ongoing capex, the Company has been able to maintain its D/E in comfortable zone (~1x) largely due to its strong operating cash flows, which provides enough room for further leverage. On an average, the Company has been able to generate cash-flows to the tune of ~Rs.7-8 bn every year which is further likely to improve going ahead. Also the Company has strong return ratios with ROE & ROCE pegged at 34% & 27% respectively. Healthy balance-sheet, strong operating cash flows coupled with robust return ratios would not only provide better financial stability but would also support huge expansion plan in near future.
Outlook and Valuation: At the CMP of Rs.147, the stock is quoting at 10.4x and 2.2x its FY14E EPS & BV of Rs.14.1 and Rs.67.6 respectively. Considering the sound business model, huge capacity expansion coupled with strong financials, Sushil Finance maintains their positive outlook on the stock & recommends ‘HOLD’ with a DCF based price target of Rs.167.
Click here to read the full report
Sushil Finance was established in 1982 as a Proprietary Concern with focus on underwriting and marketing IPOs. The Company Acquired membership of the Stock Exchange, Mumbai in 1982. In the year 1986, the company started its Secondary Market Division, and got itself empanelled on various Financial Institutions viz. UTI, Canbank Mutual Fund and the like. As on date the company is empanelled with more than 40 Financial Institutions / Banks. In the year 1998, the BSE membership was corporatised. It has evolved into a major brokerage house under the leadership of Mr. Sushil Shah, the founder and driving force of the organization.
For more information please write in to email@example.com
Disclaimer: The author has taken due care and caution to compile and analyse the data. The opinions expressed above are only the views of the author, and not a recommendation to buy or sell. Neither the author nor IndiaNotes.com accept any liability whatsoever arising from the use of any of the above contents.
- Medium term investment: Maintain neutral for Petronet LNG at target price 190
- Petronet LNG: To report Q3 PAT of Rs2.5 bn; Neutral
- Petronet LNG: Dahej terminal operated at highest level ever of around 117%, buy
- Petronet LNG Q1FY15: Downgrade to neutral
- Petronet LNG: Reports decent set of numbers, hold
Have a question?
Also On IndiaNotes.Com
- Eight personal finance tips if you just started earning
- Wallet stolen? Here's how you can get back on your feet