Lupin: Strong Buy
Lupin Limited is an innovation led transnational pharmaceutical company producing a wide range of quality, affordable generic and branded formulations and APIs for the developed and developing markets of the world. Lupin was formed with the amalgamation of Lupin laboratories with Lupin Chemicals. Its activities include pharmaceuticals, bulk drugs and formulations, fermentation, bio-technology, natural products and agro chemicals.
- On 5-july, Lupin Pharmaceuticals Inc, has received final approval for its Pregabalin Capsules, 25 mg, 50 mg, 75 mg, 100 mg, 150 mg, 200 mg, 225 mg and 300 mg from the United States Food and Drugs Administration (FDA) to market a generic version of C.P, Pharmaceuticals C.V., LYRICA (Pregabalin) capsules. LYRICA Capsules had annual U.S sales of approximately USD 1.8 billion for the twelve months ending March 2012.
- On 3-July, Lupin pharmaceuticals, has received approval for its Norgestimate and Ethinyl Estradiol tablets, 0.18 mg/0.025 mg 0.215 mg/0.025 mg and 0.25 mg/0.025 mg from the United States Food and Drugs Administration (FDA). Lupin’s Norgestimate and Ethinyl Estradiol tablets are the AB rated generic equivalent of Ortho Tri-cyclen Lo tablets. Norgestimate and Ethinyl Estradiol tablets are indicated for the prevention of pregnancy in women who elect to use oral contraceptive as a method of contraception.
Valuation & conclusion: Lupin is looking to repeat its Japanese business model of expansion through acquisitions in markets like Latin America, Europe and Canada as it looks to strengthen overseas business by FY 13. The company is planning to launch many products like Tricor, Yasmin, Cymbalta, Asacol Seasonale, Solodyn, Ambien CR, Yaz, Cipro OS etc. in the next few quarters. At current market price the stock is trading at 17.4 P/E multiple of its financial year 2014 estimated earnings. Investors are recommended to buy the stock with a short term to long term investment horizon
Click here to read the full report
The Author can be contacted at email@example.com.
Disclaimer: The author has taken due care and caution to compile and analyze the data. The recommendations are his/her personal views. He/she shall not accept any liability whatsoever arising from the use of any of the above content.
Sources have been mentioned at relevant places in the article. In spite of this, the author does not guarantee the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of any information and is not responsible for any errors or omissions or for the results obtained from the use of such information.
The author may or may not hold positions in the stock.
Have a question?
- Lupin's Q4FY14E sales likely to achieve 25% y-o-y growth; Ranbaxy expected to post sales of 11% y-o-y
- Lupin 4QFY14 revenue likely to grow 22% y-o-y, buy
- Earning's Preview: Accumulate Lupin and Ranbaxy
- Weekly Technical Picks: Lupin Limited, Welspun Corp
- Lupin: Low competition launches; increase in FII limit key near term trigger, buy
Also On IndiaNotes.Com
- Manage debt: Opt for credit card balance transfer
- Want more from your savings account? - Opt for the best interest rate