Automobiles: Two-wheeler sales in July'12 were disappointing
- MSIL reported a 9.2% YoY growth in sales on account of low base due to a strike at its Manesar plant in June 2011. On MoM basis, sales declined 14.9% due to the current lockout at this plant. Meanwhile, the impact of the ongoing lockout was partly visible in July 2012 sales as the company had an inventory of ~10 days.
- Hyundai Motors India reported a modest 6.4% YoY growth in sales, driven by 7.6% YoY rise in domestic market. Exports were up by 5.1% YoY.
- Tata Motors posted a 15.3% YoY growth in sales led by higher sales of passenger cars, LCVs and UVs which grew 48.0%, 15.0% and 59.4%, respectively, YoY.
- Sales of Ford India, Honda Siel, and GM India continued their sluggish trend, with these companies witnessing a YoY fall in sales by 16.9%, 7.2% and 23.4%, respectively.
- Toyota-Kirloskar Motors posted single-digit rise in sales (7.2% YoY) with the high-base effect catching up. Nissan India’s sales grew 118.5% YoY following a low base.
- In two-wheelers, market leader Hero MotoCorp’s sales fell below 500,000 units after a period of 11 months, down 1.4% YoY.
- TVS Motor posted a steep decline in sales by 15.1% YoY. Both domestic and export sales were down 12.2% and 32.8%, respectively, YoY.
- Bajaj Auto reported a 5.4% YoY decline in sales because of lower exports, which were down 12.8% YoY. Three-wheeler sales were down 22.6% YoY, but up 31.8% MoM.
- Honda Motors & Scooters India (HMSI) reported a 56.9% YoY growth in sales driven by higher motorcycle sales, up 80.3% at 152,382 units.
- Ashok Leyland’s and Eicher Motors’ MHCV sales were down 10.9% and 13.2%, respectively, YoY.
Click here to read the full report
Founded in 1986 by Nirmal Bang, the Nirmal Bangis recognized as one of the largest retail broking houses in India, providing an array of financial products and services. Their retail and institutional clients have access to products such as equities, derivatives, commodities, currency derivatives, mutual funds, IPOs, insurance, depository services and PMS. The Group is headed by Mr. Dilip Bang and Mr. Kishore Bang.
For more information please write in to email@example.com
Disclaimer: The author has taken due care and caution to compile and analyse the data. The opinions expressed above are only the views of the author, and not a recommendation to buy or sell. Neither the author nor IndiaNotes.com accept any liability whatsoever arising from the use of any of the above contents.
- BSE Automobiles: Likely to shift into consolidation from the higher levels
- Automobiles: CV Goods Segment - Truck Rentals decline 2-3%
- Automobiles: Scooters grow at 30.4%; Motorcycle volumes grow at 14.4%
- Auto Sales Aug'14: Strong growth seen across segments except LCVs, tractors
- Automobiles: Festive season onset to boost recovery
Have a question?
Founder Director - Analyse India - Analyse India