- 1QFY13 was a subdued quarter for automobile companies as the volume growth across various segments of the sector moderated further from the levels witnessed in 4QFY12.
- While the two-wheeler segment posted a growth of 11% YoY, the passenger car segment grew 5% YoY and the commercial vehicle segment registered 6% YoY growth.
- Increase in excise duty on vehicles with effect from April 2012 and fuel price hikes coupled with a weak macro-economic environment led to lower volume growth during the quarter.
- Due to lower volume growth, the profitability of companies in Nirmal Bang's coverage universe is to remain under pressure following higher advertising expenditure and increased discounts on vehicles.
- Adding to all this is the impact of adverse movement of the rupee versus the US dollar during the quarter.
- From the coverage universe, Hero MotoCorp is the only company that is expected to report a growth in profitability, on YoY as well as QoQ basis. In the case of others, 1QFY13 profits are expected to either decline sharply or remain subdued on YoY basis. Following the recent run-up in the share price of TVS Motor, Nirmal Bang downgrades their rating on it from Hold to Sell.
Click here to read the full report
Founded in 1986 by Nirmal Bang, the Nirmal Bangis recognized as one of the largest retail broking houses in India, providing an array of financial products and services. Their retail and institutional clients have access to products such as equities, derivatives, commodities, currency derivatives, mutual funds, IPOs, insurance, depository services and PMS. The Group is headed by Mr. Dilip Bang and Mr. Kishore Bang.
For more information please write in to firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: The author has taken due care and caution to compile and analyse the data. The opinions expressed above are only the views of the author, and not a recommendation to buy or sell. Neither the author nor IndiaNotes.com accept any liability whatsoever arising from the use of any of the above contents.
- Automobiles: Scooters grow by 11%; Motorcycle volumes decline by 8.7%
- Auto sales for the month of October declines 2% y-o-y
- Automobiles: Scooters grow at 38%; motorcycle volumes grow at 19.4%
- Automobiles: Truck Rentals improve 4-5%
- Automobiles: Recovery gathers pace, particularly in 2Ws
Have a question?
Investment Advisory Company - Financial Market Research and Consulting
Also On IndiaNotes.Com
- Prakash Steelage: Buy for medium to long term investment
- Petronet LNG: Dahej terminal operated at highest level ever of around 117%, buy