Infrastructure to boost India's industrial compressors industry to INR 50 bn by 2019
- Rate this article (Average Rating 0.0 Based on 0 ratings)
Pune, India, June 2014
- With a growth in steel, power, oil & gas and cement industries in India, and the emergence of industries like waste heat and geothermal, the application of industrial compressors will increase
- The total market for industrial compressors is valued at INR 33 billion in FY 2014, of which the top players, such as Atlas Copco and Ingersoll Rand, accounted for 85% of the market share
- The market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 9%, to reach INR 50 billion in FY 2019
June 2014: Multinational companies used to distribute industrial compressors through vendors in India in the early 1900s. The first reciprocating compressors manufacturing plant was established in the country in 1965 by Ingersoll Rand. Since then, India’s industrial compressors industry has come a long way. The total market was valued at INR 33 billion in FY 2014 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 9%, to reach INR 50 billion in FY 2019.
Almost 85% of the overall industrial compressors market is organized. The market is dominated by companies like Atlas Copco, Ingersoll Rand, Elgi Equipments and Kirloskar Pneumatic.
According to Nitin Patkar, a research analyst at ValueNotes, “The industrial compressors industry in India is dependent on the growth in the cement, steel, oil & gas and power industries. Many projects in these industries are in the pipeline expecting to receive clearances in the next five years.” He added, “There will be an emergence of waste heat and geo thermal energy in India. As a result, the industrial compressors industry will see a noticeable growth in the near future.”
Screw compressors have a major market share of industrial compressors, and they will continue to dominate in the future as well. Centrifugal compressors, the next generation compressors, are expected to witness the highest growth as they are more energy efficient and have a noise-free operation. They are expected to contribute to ~38% of the market.
45% of the total value of industrial compressors sold in India is imported. Germany, USA and China are the top exporters to India.
The ValueNotes report, titled Industrial compressors Industry in India: 2014-2019, takes a look at the industry including the current market size and growth, the drivers and challenges for growth, the competitive landscape, an analysis of the industry for investor attractiveness, and Porter’s 5 Forces. Key market trends discussed indicate the opportunities and challenges for industry players.
To learn more about the report, follow this link - http://www.valuenotes.biz/knowledge-center/short-industry-reports/industrial-compressors-industry-india-2014-19/
For more information, contact [email protected]
ValueNotes is a leading provider of research-based business intelligence. Over the past decade, through our research products and research support services, we have helped organisations across diverse industries, markets and geographies in gaining competitive advantage. Our strong capabilities in collecting, interpreting and analysing data enable us to provide actionable intelligence to our client.
- Research Services: we provide a wide range of bespoke business and financial research services about specific markets, industries, companies and competitive environments such as market segmentation/sizing, sector/industry reports, company reports/profiles, investment appraisal, due diligence, partner selection, competitive analysis, investor/user/buyer perception studies, desk research, news tracking
- Information Products: we publish proprietary market intelligence on the (services) outsourcing industry – in BFSI, e-learning, engineering, healthcare, legal and publishing – with an emphasis on knowledge services or KPO.
- Competitive Intelligence Consulting: with over a decade’s experience in conducting competitive intelligence (CI) and advising firms on their CI strategy, we are able to assist companies implement CI to gain a strategic advantage.
- Learning & Development: a consolidation of our own experience of doing CI into a set of highly effective training programmes for corporate teams and individual practitioners.
- IndiaNotes.com: India’s leading financial & equity research portal that provides an independent and unbiased aggregation of opinions, research, analysis and insights on the Indian financial markets.
For more information, visit www.valuenotes.co.in
Nitin Patkar's main focus areas at ValueNotes are market sizing and competitive intelligence studies across various industries. He has also assisted with due diligence projects.
You can connect with me on [email protected]
- Texmaco Rail and Eng: Buy for an upside of 26% in 15 months
- This company holds long-standing track record of consistent dividends; Overweight
- Buy KNR Constructions for medium- to long-term investments
- KEC International: A multi-bagger from Dynamic Levels
- J Kumar Infraprojects: CD Equisearch revise target downwards
Have a question?
Founder Finapple Ideas - Finapple Ideas
Also On IndiaNotes.Com
- How to get Real Gains from Your Mutual Funds
- Renovating your house? How will home insurance help you?
- Cadila Healthcare: Achiievers Equities initiate coverage with 'Buy' rating and target implying 11% upside
- Havells India performs well in Q3FY17 despite a demonitization-hit quarter; Buy