Avenue Supermarts IPO: Unique in the industry
- Rate this article (Average Rating 0.0 Based on 0 ratings)
About the company
Incorporated in 2002, Avenue Supermarts Limited is Mumbai based supermarket chain DMart. It is among the largest and the most profitable F&G retailer in India. The company offers a wide range of products with a focus on the Foods, Non-Foods (FMCG) and General Merchandise & Apparel product categories.The Company has 112 stores located across 41 cities in India. It operates and manages all its stores. It also operates distribution centres and packing centres, which form the backbone of the supply chain to support its retail store network. Moreover, the company has 21 distribution centres and six packing centres in Maharashtra, Gujarat, Telangana and Karnataka.
Considering the P/E valuation on the upper end of the price band of Rs. 299, the stock is priced at pre issue P/E of 32.05x on its FY17 EPS of Rs. 9.33. Post issue, the stock is priced at a P/E of 35.62x on its EPS of Rs. 8.39. Looking at the P/B ratio at Rs. 299 the stock is priced at P/B ratio of 8.81x on the pre issue book value of Rs.33.93 and on the post issue book value of Rs. 62.59 the P/B comes out to 4.78x.
On the lower end of the price band of Rs.295 the stock is priced at pre issue P/E of 31.62x on its FY17 EPS of Rs. 9.33.Post issue, the stock is priced at a P/E of 35.14x on its EPS of Rs. 8.39. Looking at the P/B ratio at Rs. 295, the stock is priced at P/B ratio of 8.69x on the pre issue book value of Rs. 33.93 and on the post issue book value of Rs. 62.59 , the P/B comes out to 4.71x.
The fundamental of the company looks good. The revenue of the company grew at 40% CAGR in the last 5 years, which indicates strong growth in the revenues. Moreover strong brand makes this IPO unique in the industry. However, if the company promptly fails to identify and respond to changing customer preferences or evolving trends, this may decrease the demand for its products among its customers and this may adversely affect its business.
Click here to read the full report
For more information please write in to [email protected]
- Avenue Supermarts IPO: The Mart of Choice
- Avenue Supermarts IPO: Issue looks reasonably priced; HEM Securities recommend to 'Subscribe'
- Avenue Supermarts IPO: Well poised for growth in the future; 'Subscribe' to the issue
- Jainam recommend to 'Subscribe' to Avenue Supermarts IPO
- Avenue Supermarts (Dmart) IPO: Investors can subscribe for listing and long term gains
Have a question?
Unmesh Deshmukh, Founder - Bonvista Financial Planners
|Aditya Trading Solutions|
Also On IndiaNotes.Com
- How to get Real Gains from Your Mutual Funds
- Renovating your house? How will home insurance help you?
- Ravi Kumar Distilleries: An ideal pick for short-term and long-term investment from Stock Informer
- Axis Bank Q4FY17: Profits down 43% y/y on higher provisions and lower operating income