In this article, we argue that there are some kinds of self-trades which do not constitute market abuse. With no manipulative or fraudulent intent, a trading firm can hit its own bid or offer. Penalising firms in such situations is wrong.
Featured technical call for today
by StockHiFi BUY SKSMICRO FUT AT 578 Keep SL 574, Read more for details
Latest Stock Tips
- Short-term tip: Buy Mangalore Refinery And Petrochemicals for 2-3 daysNirmal Bang recommend to buy Mangalore Refinery And Petrochemicals at CMP of Rs.73 keeping stop-loss at Rs.70 on closing basis. Duration of the call is 2-3 Days.
- Va Tech Wabag: Buy for a target of Rs1000Va Tech Wabag (VATW) is amongst the key beneficiaries of the strong capex of various government and funding agencies on providing improved water sources both domestically and globally.
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals: Ziten to challenge Januvia's monopoly in IndiaGlenmark has launched Teneligliptin, post Supreme Court’s ban on its sales of Sitagliptin generics and its combinations in India. Global patent holder of Sitagliptin (branded as Januvia/Janumet) MSD sued Glenmark for infringing patent of the molecule since the launch of generic in 2013.
- Technical tip: Buy Firstsource Solutions for 2-3 daysFirstsource Solutions has broken above 200 day SMA. The RSI also suggests positive bias. Nirmal Bang recommend this stock for CMP of 33.5 keeping stop-loss at 30.50 for short term trading.
Latest Finance News
- Markets ecstatic ahead of RBI Policy; Sensex climbs past 28KIndian markets had a spectacular first day of August expiry derivative series with Sensex hitting quadra ton and Nifty scoring a century on renewed hopes of a rate cut in the wake of declining crude oil prices, good monsoon and Fed no rate hike stance.
- Nifty: Failure to move above 8550 may induce selling pressurePrice started higher on the back of positive global cues. Throughout the session, price traded with upward bias. On the higher end price may moved towards 8650 once it sustain above 8550. On the other hand failure to move above 8550 may induce selling pressure in the market.
- Kotak Mahindra Bank witnesses a lean quarterKMB’s Q1FY16 consolidated PAT of Rs5.2bn was below estimates due to hit in Bank’s earnings post merger. But the management remained constructive to achieve 15‐20% loan growth for FY16.
Research & Analysis
Investment - Personal Finance
- KEC International: Outlook remains strong; buy
- Are you still investing in fixed deposits?
- ICICI Bank to outperform Bank Nifty in short to medium term perspective
- Buy Deepak Nitrate, Growth opportunities and diversified portfolio to help offset vagaries in global markets
- Fundamental picks: These stocks have an upside of 15% and 12% respectively