|Fundamental picks: These stocks have an upside of 18% and 17% respectively|
Latest Stock Tips
- Triveni Turbine: Accumulate over a period of 9-12 monthsAccording to CD Equisearch, the stock currently trades at 31.2x FY17e EPS of Rs 3.95 and 25.8x FY18e EPS of Rs 4.78. They are assigning an 'accumulate' rating on the stock with target based on 30x FY18e earnings over a period of 9-12 months.
- Rudra Shares recommend Equitas Holdings as a dark horse for holding period of 2-3 yearsAccording to Rudra Shares, Equitas continue to remain focused on the segments not sufficiently serviced by the mainstream financial system. They are recommending investors to 'Accumulate' the stock for 2-3 years of tenure.
- Intraday Derivatives Call: Buy SAIL 62.50 CE above 0.8 with stop-loss 0.1Technically the stock is making a higher top and higher bottom formation indicating positive bias. The 65 CE has the highest OI indicating that the stock is now likely to move towards 65-68 levels in near term.
- Intraday Derivatives Call: Buy ASHOKLEY 95 CE above 1.1 with stop-loss 0.2Technically the stock is making a higher top and higher bottom formation indicating positive bias. The 100 CE has the highest OI indicating that the stock is now likely to move towards 100-105 levels in near term.
Latest Finance News
- Establishing the Financial Redress AgencyThe FRA is planned as a one stop forum for speedy and convenient settlement to complaints of retail financial consumers. In this article, I tell some of the back story, highlight the shortcomings of the current regime, and present the design principles of the FRA.
- How would demonetisation have shaped up under an improved RBI board?Demonetisation has brought fresh attention to three aspects of RBI's board: autonomy, accountability and transparency. Patnaik and Roy (2017) demonstrate how the RBI Act lags behind sound international practices on these three counts.
- Measuring outputs v. outcomes: Did the restriction on foreign investment in Rupee-debt work?A good policymaking process requires significant regulatory capacity. Even after the policy is enacted, the policy, by itself, is merely an 'output'. After allowing for a reasonable lag for transmission, the State must identify whether the intended outcome of the policy has been achieved.
Research & Analysis
Short Term Trading Tips
- Arrow Greentech Q3FY17: Firstcall are overweight for medium to long term investmentAccording to Firstcall, at the current market price of Rs.479.40, the stock P/E ratio is at 17.74 x FY17E and 16.26 x FY18E respectively. Price to Book Value of the stock is expected to be at 5.90 x and 4.67 x for FY17E and FY18E respectively.
- Indo Borax & Chemicals Q3FY17: Fundamental Analysis - Firstcall India EquityAccording to Firstcall, at the current market price of Rs. 258.00, the stock P/E ratio is at 9.80 x FY17E and 8.39 x FY18E respectively. Price to Book Value of the stock is expected to be at 0.88 x and 0.79 x for FY17E and FY18E respectively.
- Adani Ports matches market estimates in Q3FY17Adani Port & Special Economic Zone registered 32% growth in consolidated sales for the quarter ended December 2016 to Rs 2235.78 crore. Though interest and depreciation stand higher, gained by higher other income, the growth at PBT before EO was up by 33% to Rs 971.19 crore.
- Tata Motors Q3FY17: Net profit far lags market expectationsTata Motors Ltd reported a net profit that far lagged market expectations. It's third quarter profit on consolidated basis fell sharply by 96% yoy to Rs 112 crore, impacted by big loss in domestic business and operational weakness in JLR.
- Idea Cellular Q3FY17: Consolidated revenues down 7% q/q to Rs 8660.74 crOn q-o-q basis, in December 2016 quarter Idea's consolidated revenues fell 7% to Rs 8660.74 crore. Other income fell 66% % to Rs 43.65 crore and interest cost was down 4% to Rs 966.89 crore. After providing for depreciation (Rs 1965.25 crore, up 1%), PBT stood at a loss of Rs 723.04 crore against a profit of Rs 10.48 crore.